Research Activities of HNMS
Α) Participation of HNMS in the following EUMETNET research programs:
- Verification methods
- ECSN climatological data network
- Improvement of the weather observation systems with EUCOS, E-ASAP, PWS, SWS,OBS-INFO.
- C-SRNWP software for numerical weather prediction
- MAP-NWS orography effect on weather prediction models.
Β) HNMS participates in the following COSMO research activities:
- Research in Nudging analysis.
- Research in improvement of numerical weather prediction, mainly in inclusion in the model of non linear diffusion and in using the density as a variable (conservation of mass co-ordinates).
- Research in improvement of the model physics, mainly the effect of radiation on clouds.
- Interpretation and application of the model COSMO products.
- Verification of the model.
- Efficient running of model in the computing system.
C) Others national research activities:
- Examination of past cyclogenesis over Greece in order to evaluate the contribution of each meteorological variable to the cyclogenesis.
- Participation in research projects with University of Athens for the parameterization of physical processes near the ground use of data assimilation (LAPS) in non- hydrostatic models.
- Co-operation with NCNR for the “Poseidon” system and the development of common research activities.
D) Participation in research projects of ECMWF
- Project 0000UTC.
- Severe weather phenomena project.
- Ensemble Prediction System (EPS).
- Wave project.
- Seasonal weather prediction.
E) Participation in research projects of WMO:
- Exchange of cities information.
- Participation in projects related to CBS